By Coleen Elkins 24-7 Health Insurance
The Healthcare Principles of Donald Trump and the Republican Party
1. Repeal and Replace “or Amend” the Affordable Care Act. How can that happen? There are three ways to complete the process.
2. Return power to the states in regulating insurance markets, limit federal requirements on both private insurance and Medicaid, and reconsider costly mandates.
3. Empower individuals and small businesses to form purchasing pools.
4. Individuals with preexisting conditions who maintain continuous coverage should be protected from discrimination.
5. Allow the purchase of insurance across state lines.
6. Promote Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), price transparency and enact medical liability reform.
7. Reform the Food and Drug Administration.
8. Block grant Medicaid and other payments, and assist all patients including those with pre-existing conditions to obtain coverage in a robust consumer market.
We have attended multiple carrier and legislative webinars and had private conversations with insurers. We are confident insurers along with the National Association of Health Underwriters are working with Congressional leaders around the clock to prepare for the 115th Congress being sworn in the first week of January 2017.
Stabilize the health insurance market
Improve health plan affordability and availability
Optimize conditions under the existing market
Work with President-elect Trump and congressional leadership to determine the best approach and timing for change in our healthcare system.
Continue to advocate for a strong private insurance market
We promise to keep our readers updated as we learn more. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service to all that are interested in the future of insuring Americas Health.