President Elect Donald J. Trump's vision for the future of health insurance in America.
5/4/2016 Healthcare Reform | Donald J Trump for President
Congress must act. Our elected representatives in the House and Senate must:
1. Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate he individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to.
2. Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.
3. Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.
4. Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Contributions into HSAs should be tax-free and should be allowed to accumulate. These accounts would become part of the estate of the individual and could be passed on to heirs without fear of any death penalty. These plans should be particularly attractive to young people who are healthy and can afford high deductible insurance plans. These funds can be used by any member of a family without penalty. The flexibility and security provided by HSAs will be of great benefit to all who participate.
5. Require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure.
6. Block-grant Medicaid to the states. Nearly every state already offers benefits beyond what is required in the current Medicaid structure. The state governments know their people best and can manage the administration of Medicaid far better without federal overhead. States will have the incentives to seek out and eliminate fraud, waste and abuse to preserve our precious resources.
The reforms outlined above will lower healthcare costs for all Americans. They are simply a place to start. There are other reforms that might be considered if simply a place to start.
If they serve to lower costs, remove uncertainty and provide financial security for all Americans. And we must also take actions in other policy areas to lower healthcare costs and burdens. Enforcing immigration laws, eliminating fraud and waste and energizing our economy will relieve the economic pressures felt by every American. It is the moral responsibility of a nation’s government to do what is best for the people and what is in the interest of securing the future of the nation. Providing healthcare to illegal immigrants costs us some $11 billion annually.
7. Remove barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products. Congress will need the courage to step away from the special interests and do what is right for America. Though the pharmaceutical industry is in the private sector, drug companies provide a public service.
Allowing consumers access to imported, safe and dependable rugs from overseas will bring more options to consumers.
Providing healthcare to illegal immigrants costs us some $11 billion annually.
If we were to simply enforce the current immigration laws and restrict the unbridled granting of visas to this country, we could relieve healthcare cost pressures on state and local governments.
To reduce the number of individuals needing access to programs like Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program we will need to install programs that grow the economy and bring capital and jobs back to America. The best social program has always been a job – and taking care of our economy will go a long way towards reducing our dependence on public health programs.
Finally, we need to reform our mental health programs and institutions in this country. Families, without the ability to get the information needed to help those who are ailing, are too often not given the tools to help their loved ones. There are promising reforms being developed in Congress that should receive bi-partisan support.
To reform healthcare in America, we need a President who has the leadership skills, will and courage to engage the American people and convince Congress to do what is best for the country. These straightforward reforms, along with many others I have proposed throughout my campaign, will ensure that together we will Make America Great Again.
Yahoo! I agree 100% HOWEVER, I do hope to see whatever repeal/replacement there is, the Preexisting Condition clause must remain because it simply is NOT fair for people who have suffered life threatening illnesses in the past to be eliminating from getting insurance, or losing their life savings to pay for said insurance. This was the ONE AND ONLY thing I agreed with the Affordable HealthCare Act.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Jennifer: but how could you keep the pre-existing condition clause and remove the individual mandate or high price to all to cover those with health problems. This is the crux... I don't think this is going to work. Either the sick are getting shafted or premiums would need to stay high for everyone...ReplyDelete
Welcome to suplexmedshop Online Drugstore, BUY Xanax Online without prescription.
Looking to buy prescription drugs online discreetly?
You are at the right place! Here, you can buy drugs online without prescription and have it shipped and delivered to your location.
As part of our expansion, we equally ship to all 50 States within the USA, The UK, Canada, Australia and a whole lot of countries worldwide.
Buying prescription drugs like Actavis Promethazine – Codeine Cough Syrup has never been easier.
We equally employ the most discreet payment methods, Bitcoin being one of many. All to ensure your safety and discretion is guaranteed.
Buy Drugs Online Without Prescription .Actavis
Promethazine Cough Syrup with codeine and Morphine Sulphate for Sale Online Without Prescription.
How should I take Adderall?,
BUY Xanax Online
Buy Adderall Online
BUY DEMEROL ONLINE
BUY Promethazine Codeine
BUY ECSTACY ONLINE
BUY VYVANSE ONLINE
Oxycodone for sale